- UAE- Criminalizing Dissent UAE 94 Trial Deeply Flawed / Judicial Observation Report August 2013
- Threats and Attacks Plague Yemen's Brave Human Rights Defenders
- TRIAL OBSERVATION REPORT: Case Number 17/2013 “THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES 94” / March 2013
- The GCHR 2013 Annual Report / Attacks on Human Rights Defenders Continue
- European Resolution on the UAE: "Biased and Prejudiced?" / Mission to UAE investigates crackdown on free expression in which 64activists have been detained
News from International Organizations
- UAE: Cameron Should Press Rulers on Torture
- Report on Bahrain’s Attorney General Dr. Ali bin Fadhel Al - Buainain and his position in the International Association of Prosecutors
- Ceartas submits complaint to Int’l Association of Prosecutors urging expulsion of Bahrain Attorney General
- Arab Working Group for Media Monitoring met the Tunisian Minister of Human Rights
- Bahraini rights defender denied the right to a fair trial
Written by HRDs and Journalists
Gulf Centre for Human Rights is an independent, non-profit, and non-governmental centre that works to strengthen support for human rights defenders and independent journalists in the states of the Gulf by promoting the role of the media and networking with international organisations. The centre focuses on Bahrain, Iraq, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.
- To reach out to HRDs and independent journalists in order to provide them with information and assist them in taking advantage of the services offered by international organisations and mechanisms.
- To assist international organisations, including UN bodies and international NGOs in activating their programs that support HRDs and independent journalists in the Gulf region.
- To use mass media to advocate for protection of HRDs and independent journalists who are at risk.
- To assist in improving standards, mechanisms, and programs in supporting and protecting HRDs and independent journalists.
- To support networking among HRDs and independent journalists that includes establishing national or sub-regional networks and groups and making linkages with other regional groups.